is a folk language spoken only in Boonville, California
. Although based on English, Boontling's unusual words are completely unique to Boonville
. It was invented in the late 1800s and had quite a following at the turn of the century. Now it is only spoken by aging hippies and original residents. Because the town of Boonville only has a little over 700 residents, Boontling is an extremely esoteric, and quickly becoming archaic, language that has over a thousand unique words and phrases.
- ab chaser - Someone who lives on the coast, an "abalone chaser." Not to be outdone, ab chasers call Boonters squirrel bacon.
- belhoon - Dollar
- blooch - To chatter aimlessly. (also means to masturbate)
- Boont Dusties - The Boonville Cemetery
- dinklehonk - cow
- gorm - to eat
- hyoottle - hotel
- kilockety - to travel by train
- kiloppety -to travel by horse
- trashmover - heavy winter storm
- weech - a small child
- zeese - coffee. Named after a man named Zeese whose coffee, it is said, "would float an egg."